Las Vegas Newspaper respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
Hendeson Newspaper is the data controller of your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, phone number, postal address, and IP address;
- Commercial information, such as your purchase history and payment information;
- The Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our website;
- Geolocation data;
- Professional or employment-related information, if you apply for a job with us; and
- Inferences are drawn from any of the above information to create a profile about you.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Directly from you, when you provide us with your personal information, such as when you sign up for our newsletter, purchase a subscription, or apply for a job with us;
- Automatically, when you use our website.
- From third-party sources, such as advertisers or data brokers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services;
- To improve and personalize your experience on our website;
- To communicate with you, such as to respond to your inquiries or to provide you with information about our products and services;
- To comply with legal obligations or in connection with legal proceedings;
- To protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property, or safety of our users or others;
- To conduct research and analytics;
- To advertise and market our products and services to you;
- To evaluate job applications and to communicate with job applicants; and
- To maintain and improve the security of our website.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for processing personal information includes:
- Your consent, where applicable;
- Performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Compliance with legal obligations;
- Legitimate interests, such as improving our products and services, communicating with you, and protecting our rights and the rights of others.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers, such as payment processors, website hosts, and marketing agencies;
- Affiliates, subsidiaries, and joint venture partners;
- Business partners, such as advertisers;
- Third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger or sale of assets;
- Law enforcement or government authorities, as required by law or to protect our rights or the rights of others; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States.
We will ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable law.
Your privacy rights and choices
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating, and corrections of inaccuracies in personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing us at [email protected]. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to request that we erase your personal information, restrict the processing of your personal information, or transfer your personal information to another controller.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days from the date of receipt of your request. Please note that we may be required to retain certain personal information by law and/or for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
If you are a resident of California, you have certain additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights include the right to request information about our collection and disclosure of personal information about you in the preceding 12 months. You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, to opt out of the sale of your personal information, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Please note that in order to comply with these requests, we may need to verify your identity and/or location, and may require you to provide additional information to assist us with verifying your identity or location. We will respond to your request within the timeframes required by law.